Novamedia Founders Boudewijn Poelmann and Annemiek Hoogenboom have donated all their shares in Novamedia, owner of charity lottery formats and brands, including the Postcode Lottery, the BankGiro Lottery and the FriendsLottery.
Novamedia/Postcode Lotteries is once again in third place in the ‘City A.M. Charity Index 2016’ of the biggest donors in the world. Every year, the British business newspaper City A.M. publishes a ranking of the world’s biggest donors to charitable organisations. Numbers one and two are the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (United States) and the Wellcome Trust (United Kingdom). This list is compiled by Professor Theo Schuyt and his team of the VU University Amsterdam.
The ECI Literature Prize for the best literary work in the Dutch language published in the past year has gone to Rivieren by Martin Michael Driessen. As well as a prize of €50,000, Driessen was also presented with the award statue and the Readers’ Award of €10,000.
The Dutch green start-up PHYSEE is the winner of the tenth edition of the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge. Co-founder Willem Kesteloo impressed the international jury during the finals in Amsterdam with his PowerWindow. In the presence of Her Majesty Queen Máxima he was handed a cheque for €500,000 to further develop and market his product. The runner-up prize of €200,000 went to green entrepreneur Zhengliang Wu of Green City Solutions from Germany. The other three finalists were given a pleasant surprise as well as they all received €100,000. This is a once-only occasion to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the sustainability competition.
Winning and supporting society together – the Deutsche Postcode Lotterie launches throughout Germany
The Deutsche Postcode Lottery launches on Thursday 28 July across Germany, allowing neighbours to win prizes together whilst supporting charities local to them. The lottery awards 30% from every ticket sold to good causes, supporting projects which focus on education, social cohesion, human rights and environmental conservation across all federal states.
- Petra Lubbers moves to Novamedia
- Ruud Esser stops as CFO of Novamedia on 1 May
- Josja Zijlstra and Ruud Esser are new directors of Nieuw Amsterdam
- Novamedia/Postcode Lotteries world’s 3rd largest private charity donor
- Jeroen Brouwers wins the ECI Literature Prize 2015 with Het hout
- Change of leadership Novamedia Sverige AB
- Nieuw Amsterdam acquires the Fontaine publishing house
- Nieuw Amsterdam - Wereldbibliotheek takes over Uitgeverij Bas Lubberhuizen
- AKO Literature Prize becomes the ECI Literature Prize
- Bookshop Scheltema is back on Rokin
- Five sustainable start-ups compete for €500,000 prize
- Annemiek is People’s Postcode Lottery’s First Woman
- Boudewijn Poelmann in Fortune Magazine’s Top 25 Eco-innovators in the world
- Novamedia breathes new life into the Scheltema bookshop
- Swedish Postcode Lottery raises more than 120 million EUR for good causes
- Novamedia acquires Uitgeverij Nieuw Amsterdam
- Charities to receive €302 million from Postcode Lottery
- Novamedia acquires ECI book club and webshop
- Chelsea Clinton joins People's Postcode Lottery to celebrate over £10,000,000 for good causes at Charity Gala
- Swedish Postcode Lottery’s record donations: SEK 945 million
- Postcode Lottery raises record €284 million for charity
- More and more Dutch choose which charities to play for
- Lottery players' support gains importance for cultural institutions
- Winning is a 'dream come true' for Scottish charities